Thunderbird Configuration on Windows for Secure Mail
Prev | step 17 of 17 | End
Tell Thunderbird how much you trust your correspondent
- Under OpenPGP | Key Management (then right-click on the key you want) you can set the trust level you have for your correspondent
- This trust level is private: no-one knows how you have set owner trust for a key
- If you trust a key at least marginally you won't get the annoying dialog box asking you to check a key every time you send an e-mail
- Note: typically people sign each other's keys to vouch that the public key of a person corresponds to their real identity
- Signing someone's key only says you believe that their public key belongs to them (not that you trust them).
- Key signing is beyond the scope of this tutorial
- Congratulations You can now send and receive secure e-mail!